Halcyon Hospice and Palliative Care volunteers are a vital part of our care team and a valued resource to our organization. It is a privilege to welcome volunteers to the special world of hospice care – your volunteer support helps us provide the finest possible care and services to our patients and their families. We hope you will consider joining us in caring for the patients and families who choose Halcyon Hospice.
Learn more about volunteer opportunities.
New volunteer qualifications and requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old, some positions require 21 years old
- Commitment of 6 months to 1 year with volunteer frequency of at least 2-3 times a month
- Dedication to our mission and values, patient and family confidentiality and safety
- Submit a new volunteer application
- Meet with the Volunteer Coordinator for an initial interview
- Attend a 1-day new volunteer orientation
- Attend any additional training required for specific positions
- Pass a background check
- Complete a 2-part TB test
- Pass a drug screening test
- Provide a current driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- Participate in 20 hours of annual continuing education
If you have experienced a loss of a family member or close friend within the last year, we ask you to wait a year to be involved directly with patients. In the interim, we encourage you to choose a non-clinical volunteer role.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please check out our volunteer opportunities at Volunteer Match. To submit your volunteer application, click here.
(You may also download a volunteer application by clicking here and mailing completed applications to: Halcyon Hospice and Palliative Care, Attn. Volunteer Services, PO Box 177 Mead, CO 80542.)