The Patient Relief Program supports the benefits of hospice and palliative care. Its primary goal is to cover the cost for alternative options in symptom management for patients under the care of Halcyon Hospice or a rural hospice program along the Front Range of Colorado.
The Patient Relief Program identifies that many options for symptom management are not affordable or not inclusive with many insurance plans; consequently, individuals are left with limited options that may be ineffective for pain and suffering. Based on special requests from the Interdisciplinary Team caring for patients and families, the Patient Relief Program can assist with payment for special requests according to the need identified.
1. Request must be made by a Halcyon Hospice and Palliative Care Team Member or referring Rural hospice program representative (Rural will be defined as a (HPSA) or a Health Professional Shortage Area).
2. Recipient of request is currently receiving Halcyon Hospice or Palliative Care Services in Colorado.
3. The patient and/or family are unable to cover the expense on their own. Patients request can not be provided by his/her personal resources or by immediate family.
The Kingfisher Foundation is cognoscente that there are available options for patients that could improve quality of life. We are moved and empowered by the people we serve. Therefore, we have listed examples of common special requests, however are not limited to the list below.
• Medication Costs
• Medication Dispensers
• Medical Alert Systems
• Special Orders for Medical Equipment
• Complementary and Alternative Medicine Treatments
These options and many others will open doors for individuals coping with the symptoms of a serious illness or seeking the necessary support to ensure safety in their home. The Kingfisher Foundation acknowledges that comfort and safety are vital when looking at quality of life, for that reason, believe strongly in the opportunity of offering alternative options despite an individuals financial limitations.
How to Make a Request
•Please complete the Patient Relief Request Form .
•Submit Request Form via mail to Kingfisher Foundation, PO Box 177, Mead, CO 80542 or email us at email@example.com.
Once we have received your request, we will review request with our Director of Clinical Services, contact you with any questions, and process request immediately. We thank you for your dedication to hospice and palliative care. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding the program.